NHC 2019 –
Our New Approaches Roadshow
Our new Approaches Roadshow is an event for people, nationwide, who are affected by hoarding behaviour and the professional services who support them. After the massive success of the first UK National Hoarding Conference, our team decided that we wanted to spend 2019 expanding the dialogue and engaging in more localised discussions in order to drive our positive change agenda forward.
We’ll be hosting three UK-wide conferences:
- May 2019: Birmingham
- September 2019: Wales
- November 2019: Scotland
This year, we’ve decided that the panel, including people with hoarding behaviour and family members, will sit throughout the day, feeding into all discussions. To improve networking, we’re going to bring people from all areas together instead of breaking out into workshops. We, as last year, are limiting presentation time to allow more time for engaged, proactive conversations.
Using expert-led, and interactive discussion panels, the conference – organised by HoardingUK – has been designed as a proactive, outcome-driven programme of systemic and personal change planning.
Our panel will include people with lived experience and users of services to ensure that all discussions are held with those impacted by them.
Conference Key Themes
The conference will be focused on exploring key themes, understanding issues and developing implementable and monitor-able solutions in the following areas (alphabetically):
- Environmental Health
- Emergency Services
- Housing Professionals
- Legal Frameworks/Advocacy
- Multi-disciplinary Working
- User Involvement including:
- Support Groups
Our conference objectives are:
- To celebrate positive outcomes from the National Hoarding Conference in 2018.
- To bring systemic change via panel discussions and engaged exercises.
- To implement outcome monitoring throughout the year.
- To join up services, participants and relevant support resources.
- To increase support groups across the UK.
- To have people join our iCount! Campaign.